Wednesday, September 14, 2011

DIY Ear Adornment


I saw this pretty ear thing at Hot Topic and wanted it sooo bad, but not the $12 price tag. I thought for sure I could recreate it and maybe even make it better.
You'll need:
jewelry wire
jump rings
scissors
pliers (I just used tweezers with scissor handles)
and a variety of chains
I also used old necklaces I don't wear anymore
I found most of these items at walmart for a $1

Start by making a tight spiral at the end of the wire

Then about 2 inches down make a loop.

Then start wrapping the wire around itself above the loop towards the spiral

Keep wrapping

and wrapping and wrapping until you reach the top and snip the wire and try to tuck it under the spiral so it won't get caught in your hair.

Gather a variety of chains in different lengths

Bend your wire thing so that it comfortably fits behind your ear

Decide what chains you want where, gather them on jump rings and attach them to the loop and spiral.
TA-DA!

I've already made 6 or 7. It's a fun little project :-)

What do you think? If you decide to make one email me a picture, I'd love to see them.

I'm also extending my giveaway another week seeing as how no one has entered it. :-p
So a winner will be announced Friday, September 23th. I mean, unless no one STILL hasn't entered.

5 comments:

  1. Holy smokes, these are brilliant. I'm super impressed with your skills right now.

    Also, you asked about my red jeans the other day and if they come in a darker red. The Old Navy ones don't, but maybe the BDG jeans shown here http://bibliomomia.blogspot.com/2011/09/red-pants-everybody-everywear.html will work for you?

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm pretty proud of the outcome :-)
    Thanks for stopping by! I freakin' love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow those are really really cute!!!! Love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SO awesome! I really want to try this now lol.

    I just found your blog and I love it. Can't wait to see more fun posts of yours :) I'm now following.

    www.ravenhaireddoll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete