Saturday, August 6, 2011

So So Friends vs. Healthy Self Love

So, I wanna talk about something a little less than pleasant. I have several friends that can be "hot and cold" with me and I had a thought about how these people could be detrimental to my self love. Here is a very recent example to give a clearer perspective of what I mean: These people will blow me off, not answer texts, calls, and make me come to them first with plans and they never come to me. I always have fun when I actually do hang out with these people, but because I have to work so hard to be a part of their lives and they seem to not care at all whether or not they are part of my life it just makes me feel like crap. I often wonder when they pull this stuff if there is something wrong with me. Am I annoying? Am I THAT friend that no one likes? It just makes me feel uneasy, like I'm an awkward teenager again trying to hang with the cool kids.
The thing that bothers me the most is that these certain individuals know me pretty darn well and they know how accommodating and generous I try to be (That's just how I am and how I was raised) and it makes me feel like I'm being taken advantage of when they do decide to grace me with their presence. How can I love myself when I can't get these people to love me 100% of the time.
The thing about this predicament is that I don't know how to remedy it.
Just a few thoughts I've been having lately.
Okay, enough negativity. That being said: I've been tobacco free for a week now. It's been hard, but I already feel healthier and I'm glad I finally did it since I've been making plans and talking about quitting since last October. :-p
The next couple of days I'm gonna 1. TRY and do an outfit post and 2. show off some of the crafty things I've been up to lately :-D
I learned how to make the clickable word link thingys! Hooray for me! So to test it out, I'm gonna share my Facebook and my Twitter

4 comments:

  1. You are worth so much more than what those people can offer. There is no reason to put up with crap like that. If they make you happy they matter, if they don't seem to care that much then it's not worth all the effort you're putting into it.

    Also, what a great thing you are doing for yourself by quitting smoking! Congrats on that! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I think I needed to hear that. I suppose the effort I put into them could be put to better use :-) I'll do something that makes me happy instead.
    I'm feeling great about my decision to quit and it's getting easier and easier with each passing day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should never feel bad for not controlling other peoples feelings towards you.
    We are all in a process and yes you do care about these people and you always will but you should not ever feel guilty about anything.
    The true creator of your happiness is you.
    When you truly care about someone you love them with out expecting anything in return.
    I know there are many people I love and care about but I don't hang out with them because
    they are not at the same level as I am and the more I am around them the more I begin to fall out of love with myself.
    There is a reason you are not able to see these people as much or they blow you off.
    Take it as a gift vs a hardship.
    Perhaps these people are the ones you shouldn't be around because they are at a different stage of the own life journey than you are and being around them will just get you back to square one.

    ReplyDelete