Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Sweet and Sour

SOOOO it's been a while since I've posted. It's been a pretty busy week. I realized a reason I started this blog that I hadn't thought of before. Out of all the blogs I read, the women who write them couldn't be more different but they have one thing in common. CONFIDENCE. A confidence that I greatly admire. Something I want. Something I don't quite currently have, but I will strive for that because it is so beautiful. So here is one step closer to just that:

I could not manage to smile. Hey, you're lucky my eyes are open lol. The sun was in my face and I could barely see the camera.






This outfit felt waayy too "sweet" for me. I need a little rough 'n' tough in my outfits. I feel the elements of  "sweet" and "tough" are well balanced here what with the studs and spikes and the overall outfit coupled with my tea set double ring.
My dad had bariatric weight loss surgery on Friday. I'm really happy for him what with his overweight related health issues, but I'm also sad for him because he's always had a great relationship with food, not that it was a healthy one, but he loooves food and that is just sad -in a way- for it to end.

Button Down: Dress Barn
Cigarette Trousers: Target (another great clearance find)
Decked Out Wedges: Wal-Mart
Various Bangles and Bracelets: Forever 21 and Burlington Coat Factory
Necklaces: Burlington Coat Factory and a gift from my Ex's Mom (just because things ended badly with him doesn't mean his mom wasn't sweet)
Rings: Wedding, Gift from my mom, and Forever 21
Sunglasses: Uhm, I think I forgot. Perhaps Burlington? THE BEST place to find accessories on the cheap.

2 comments:

  1. You look so lovely in this outfit! What an extraordinary pair of pants you're wearing...they fit you marvelously!

    ...And thank you ever so much for the sweet comment on my blog and dropping by! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! You're so sweet! And it's no trouble at all, I enjoy reading you blog :-)

    ReplyDelete